Nothing matters more to us than the security of your data. We have you covered for the EU’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Securing your data
Protecting customer data is a top priority at Assembly. We understand you are trusting us with your data and we take the responsibility of securing it extremely seriously. Our Security page outlines all of our practices.
Account admins can modify collected personal data to meet the correction requirement of the GDPR by using our user management tools or making a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to be forgotten
You can request that personal information in your account be permanently removed email@example.com.
Built for security
Assembly protects all of our customers with an array of security features.
- Data encryption in transit
- Data encryption at rest
- Data centers routinely audited with industry-standard SSAE-16 methods
- Data redundancy for resilience during disasters
- SAML, OAUTH, and OpenID support for secure authentication
- Continuous network monitoring
- EU-US Privacy Shield Certified
- Swiss-US Privacy Shield Certified
- Industry-standard security evaluations
- Independent third-party security reviews and penetration tests
- Role-based authentication
- IP address whitelisting
What is GDPR?
Effective May 25th 2018, GDPR tightens the rules for businesses on how they collect, store and process EU citizens’ personal data. The new regulations impact organizations worldwide who collect and process personal data of EU citizens. Some of the key changes likely to impact your customer feedback programs are listed below. See all GDPR changes
Assembly, GDPR, and Privacy Shield
Europe is currently leading the way in terms of regulating the protection of personal data of individuals. The new EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which replaces the 1995 EU “Data Protection Directive” (and the laws of the various EU member states implementing the 1995 Directive), has been the focal point of discussion and compliance efforts for many companies around the world, including Assembly.
Assembly is committed to respecting the privacy rights of all of its customers and their users, and to taking reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the privacy and security of their personal information, including by implementing measures designed to comply with specific, applicable provisions of GDPR.
Enabling you to be GDPR compliant
Assembly enables customers to be GDPR compliant. Briefly stated, that means Assembly:
- Provides sufficient guarantees to the controller to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to safeguard customer data
- Processes data (that could include personal data) only to fulfill its obligations as related to the Services
- Enables users to modify and delete their personal data
- Provides security documentation that describes the processes and procedures for safeguarding the data at our Security page
- Can sign a contract that governs the processing of EU personal data
GDPR contract – Data Processing Addendum (DPA)
However, if as an Assembly customer you desire to have a GDPR-specific addendum to your agreement, please contact our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org to put one in place.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com to find out more about our changes and how we’re helping you to comply.