Employees are essential to business success. One of the best ways to attract top talent is to offer a culture where employees are treated extremely well. A company can show appreciation in so many ways from handwritten notes to public recognition to good old fashioned compensation increases and bonuses. Here are a few ideas to get a company started:
- Allow employees to acknowledge each other. This fosters relationships in the workplace which also increases happiness and productivity.
- Express gratitude on social media.
- Offer team rewards. This encourages camaraderie at work amongst peers and is a great way to acknowledge more than one employee.
- Give extra time off. This shows your employees that their time is valuable and that you are willing to give some back to them in exchange for their hard work.
- Company events. People enjoy having fun and company-sponsored events are an excellent way to show employees that fun is also important.
Happy employees are those who feel appreciated. You can show your employees just how much you appreciate them on March 6, 2020, which is Employee Appreciation Day.
About the Author: Corecia Davis
Corecia is a Vice President of Human Resources professional with a demonstrated history of working in the real estate industry. Skilled in Negotiation, Human Resource Development, Human Resources, Management, and Legal Compliance, she has a Doctor of Law (J.D.) focused in Law; Employment Law from Pepperdine University School of Law.